Mike Beilstein has contributed information to this election page. The statements on this page are provided by the candidate.
About Mike Beilstein
Why Vote For Mike Beilstein:
Candidate’s Statement for Mike Beilstein - Oregon 4th Congressional District
Occupation: Chemist, retired
1978 to 2007 – research chemist at Oregon State University.
1977 to 1978 – research chemist, Johns Hopkins University
1976 to1977 – research chemist, Medical College of Virginia
1973 to 1975 – US Peace Corps, teacher in Lesotho, Southern Africa
MA (1989), home economics, Oregon State University
BA (1973), biochemistry, Oregon State University
Prior Government Experience:
Corvallis City Council, 1999-2000, 2007-2014
We are far over the “safe” target of 350 ppm atmospheric carbon dioxide.
Producers and consumers need to start paying for the environmental costs of dumping CO2 into the air. The “carbon fee and dividend” approach will internalize the costs of CO2 pollution, and create incentives for appropriate energy technology. This is a practical GREEN solution to a civilization threatening problem.
The PACIFIC GREEN PARTY is not about protest or radical environmentalism. It is about practical solutions that benefit everyone in creating a sustainable and just global society.
• Stop using the military to enrich oil companies at the cost of thousands of lives and trillions of dollars.
• Single payer national health system. Comprehensive community based care.
• Fund education that develops our full potential. Eliminate tuition. Forgive student debt.
• De-emphasizes the single-passenger automobile. Invest in rail and transit.
• Decriminalize drug use. Provide appropriate medical treatment for addicts.
• Eliminate small arms exports that fuel global violence.
• Support the right of all workers to organize. $15 per hour minimum wage. Stop trading with countries that practice slavery. Full rights for immigrant workers.
• Protect Oregon forests. No give-aways to lumber barons. Protect federal and state forests to ensure endangered salmon recovery and clean drinking water.
• Enforce environmental and safety rules. End the ecological disasters created by unregulated fossil fuel companies. No fracking. No mountaintop removal coal mining.
• Build an economy that meets human needs. Help the wealthy re-invest in a better society for all.
The need for Green leadership in Oregon and the USA is more urgent each day.
Vote Peace! Vote Green!
Contact Mike Beilstein
I am not going to spend much on the campaign.
If you wanr to help, you can send a check to:
"Mike Beilstein for Congress"
1214 NW 12th St
Corvallis, OR 97330
If I receive contributions totalling more than $5000, I'll start returning checks, because I don't intend to spend more than that.
Mike Beilstein for Congress
1214 NW 12th St
Corvallis, Oregon 97330
Link To Mike Beilstein
Please let people know about Mike Beilstein by adding the code here to your web site or social network page. It will show this on your site:
Visitor Count: 317 People
Please feel free to learn more about all my campaigns: 2008201020102012201220142014Candidates who are running as endorsed Greens or actively seeking the party endorsement or running non-partisan campaigns that are supported by the Green Party, from local to national office, may have a free listing through this page. Green and Green-friendly campaigns that already have a web site, may still be listed in our directory with a link to their official election site. Green candidates with little or no campaign budgets and no technical support can still have their qualifications, issues, and contact information available online.